Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Saturday 21 November 2015

21 year old seats exam whilst in labour...... and passes!


Now this is taking multitasking to whole other level…….. 21 year old Tommitrise Collins from Georgia wouldn’t let anything stop her from seating her online psychology exam, not even labour.
A picture of the young mother taking her exam in hospital went viral after it was posted, by her sister, on Facebook. Her water broke at around 1am on 12th of November, a week before her due date, and her exam was scheduled for 8 am that same morning. The single mum contacted her tutor and was allowed to seat the exam although she started 5 hours later than scheduled at 1.30pm that afternoon. She finished the 2 hour exam in 90 minutes and got a B and, after 20 hours of labour, a beautiful, healthy baby girl who she named Tyler Elise.
This story struck me because I remember when I had to do something very similar. I was pregnant in my final year of university and my final exam was 2 days before my due date and I had already started having Braxton hick’s contractions a week prior. I remember seating the last paper and then my contractions started. I had to try and get through as many questions between each contraction. I didn’t tell the invigilator because I would have been made to leave in an ambulance but I knew not finishing the exam then was not an option, because it meant I would have to wait another year before I could graduate. It was torture made worse by the fact that I had to hide the pain but with prayer and sheer determination I got through it successfully on two fronts but I wouldn’t recommend it. I too had a beautiful healthy baby girl at the end of my ordeal and I passed my exam and graduated that year as planned.
It’s amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it and believe that failure is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment