Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Friday 18 December 2015

Something fishy is going on...



I don't know what else to do. I think I have thrush but I have tried all the thrush products from the vaginal tablet to the oral tablet to the cream but nothing seems to work. I still have smelly discharge and itchiness in my vagina. There is no pain but it stings when I go to wee but I think it's because I have wounded myself scratching, also the discharge has a terrible fishy smell. I am embarrassed to tell my husband so I have been making excuses but he's starting to suspect something is up. I wash myself regularly so I don't understand what is happening. M.O

Dear M.O,
It's is likely that you don't have thrush at all and that's why the medicines you used didn't work. For the symptoms you have described it sounds like you have a condition called bacterial vaginosis (BV). The symptoms are similar to that of thrush except for the fishy smell which is characteristic to BV. It is caused by rise in ph (I.e. a measure of how acidic or alkaline an environment is) which makes the environment in the vagina more alkaline and this creates the perfect environment for the bacteria, that naturally lives in the vagina to grow uncontrollably and cause the symptoms you are experiencing. It has nothing to do with cleanliness it's just many ladies don't realise how sensitive the vagina really is and it might just have been that you wore a new underwear or let some soap get in the vagina. Visit my earlier post for full details and how to get rid of it.
http://junesecrets.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/common-vagina-problems-explained.html

If you’ve got a question for June then email us at junessecrets@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment