Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Friday 4 December 2015

How to remove your makeup correctly


1. Protect your eyes – the skin around your eyes are the thinnest part of your face, so be very gentle avoid scrubbing and use gentle products. I recommend micellar water. (see my earlier post about it http://junesecrets.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-old-new-way-to-cleanse-your-face.html ) Apply 2 or 3 drops on a cotton pad hold it on your eye for 20 to 30 seconds, this allows the remover to start dissolving the makeup. Then gently rub your eyes outwards 2 or 3 times until the makeup is off. Then repeat on the other eye.

Different brands of micellar water

2. Use makeup removal wipes very sparingly – if like me, after a long day you, washing your face just seems like such a long winded process, so you use ypur makeup wipes. As I use the wipes I feel how harsh they are against my skin and I promise myself that this will be the last time. I keep my promise for all of 2 days and go right back to my old ways.
Regular use of wipes are bad for your skin so use them very very sparingly and only if you have to. That said, using the wipes is better than sleeping with your makeup on. if you must use wipes then use the micellar cleansing wipes. Also instead of using the wipes just use micellar water and cotton pad. The micellar water will moisturise as it cleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment