Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Friday 11 December 2015

How to get a perfect manicure every time.



I love have my nails painted, my cuticles not so much. I work 50 hours a week, have 3 kids and a husband so a regular trip to the nail salon is out of the question. Like most mums I DIY my manicure because it not only saves time it also saves money. I am right handed so painting my left hand is not too bad but then painting my right hand now that’s a different story. I seem to get as much nail polish on my cuticles and the skin around my nail as I do my nails.  So I was very pleased when I came across this neat little trick online and decided to share it.

Apply Vaseline

Use a cotton bud to rub Vaseline around your surrounding skin and cuticles. This will protect those areas so even if you get nail polish on them it won't stick and can be washed right off. Hint: don’t get any Vaseline on your nail or the nail polish won’t stick there either. If you  do just wipe it off with another dry cotton bud. When you are done painting your nails and they are dry, you can then wipe off the Vaseline or even wash it off and ta da….. Perfect manicure every time.


You’re welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment