Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Friday 11 December 2015

Kai ....... Why do my people like to long things out.



I was going to come at this is story from a totally different angle but after recent events highlighted a much more interesting issue I decided to do this write up as I was reminded of the complexity if dealing with my people.

Early this year in the UK Alan Barnes, a disabled man was mugged on his door as he took out the trash and badly hurt. He said how he was scared to return to his home as he felt unsafe. A local beautician, Katie cutler heard the story and was moved. She decided to set up a go fund me account in his name and his story (which can be opened anywhere in the world) to raise £500 to redecorate his home and perhaps help make him feel safer. The appeal went viral and Within 4 days people had donated close to £300,000. Alan took £150,000 of that money and bought a house and the rest of the money he gave to Katie to start a foundation help others like Alan. Short and sweet and most importantly very straightforward.

Now come over here to my people. I was sent a post recently by one of my readers about the barrow-man, Bashir, who despite doing a menial job took pride in his job and showed that that did not define him. He came to work smartly dressed and was diligent in his duties. After reading the post I expected to see some sort of appeal to help this obviously incredible person but found none. So I contacted the author to ask for permission to publish her story (which let’s face it I didn’t have to) and also for the guy’s business contact details so I could include in my ‘where to get what section’. I am not going to bore you with the details of the conversation but it wasn’t pretty. I will say this though, the author said that they were still working out ways to help as there was such a huge interest in the story but they haven’t finished yet. I don’t about you but found this very strange because I understand what the delay was about.

Bottom-line is this, due to the way our people long things out I feel a very unique opportunity has been lost. She, the author, boasted about her post achieving 100million post reach but that is like boasting about having 100 million in monopoly money, it’s nice to look at but it’s not worth a darn thing. That 100 million post reach could easily have been turned into $100million dollars which could have helped lots of Bashir’s. Social media is very fickle and there’s a new story, a bigger story a sadder story than yours every 5 minutes. So it’s best to strike when the iron is hot and take advantage of it because the moment only lasts a moment and then it’s gone.

Anyway good luck Bashir. I hope it all works out for you and lady (you know who you are) you really need to lighten up and take the hostility down 10 notches life is too short besides I thought this was all about Bashir. Kudos to you though for highlighting Bashir's plight he's probably better off now than before he met you.


No comments:

Post a Comment