Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Sunday 26 July 2015

The "How To Make A Smoothie" Guide!!!!



So I work out regularly and try to eat healthy but I am still unable to achieve my target weight and body shape.  As a Nigerian carbs is huge part of my diet and probably the reason why I am not reaching my goal. I love my traditional foods and whilst they are delicious they are not doing my hips and favours. So I have decided to cut my carbs intake down the middle and replace them with homemade smoothies. But I don't know how t make a smoothie and I wanted variety so after some research I came up with this how to guide for anyone else like me out there. You will need a good smoothie maker or something that can blend your various ingredients. The nutribullet is a fairly new smoothie maker/juicer it is a little pricey but worth it at a starting price of £99.99.
A similar product which is not as pricey is the nutrininja. Its not as powerful as the nutribullet but it does do the job and has a reasonable starting price of £69.99. I recommended these two because unlike most juicers out there these ones pulverise the whole fruit so you get all the nutrients. Other juicers tend to just take juice out of the fruit and vegetable and discard the skin and the pulps which actually contain the most nutrients. Both products can be purchased from Argos.co.uk and if you’re in Africa you can get them via www.nuerasshoppingmall.com
 Step 1
Choose your fruit and vegetable, fresh or frozen, it doesn’t matter. At least one of each will do – banana, berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), pear, watermelon, avocado, pineapple, carrots, spinach, kale, mango, apples, papaya, celery, grapes, oranges, cucumber.
Step 2
Choose a base. This is to make the smoothie more viscous so it flows more easily. Obviously the more juice your fruit and veg contain the less base you need. So if you’re using watermelon then its best to go easy on the base. – semi skimmed milk, soy milk, almond milk, green tea, low calorie fruit juice, coconut milk or just water.
Step 3
Thicken em. This is to give your smoothie that creamy feel – greek yoghurt, low carb ice cream, coconut meat, oats, probiotic yoghurt.
Step 4
Give it a flavour boost – vanilla extract, cinnamon, honey, nutmeg, dates, figs, herbs.
Step 5
Give it a power boost. This step is optional. You can give your smoothie an extra edge by adding highly nutritious super food – protein powder, fish oil, ground flaxseed, vitamin powder, coco powder, probiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment