Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Saturday 15 August 2015

How Jealous Are You?

Apparently there is a healthy jealousy. Even God said He’s jealous. So Seyi and I came across this test and thought it would be good to take it just for a laugh. The results were interesting and food for thought. Apparently we are not jealous enough in our relation. Not sure if that means we trust each other implicitly or that we cannot be bothered to care about what the other person is up to. I have always known that Seyi is not the sort to check my phone or police me about not because he doesn't care but because he truly believes he's all that plus a bag of chips and a free soda. To some people that might seem arrogant but if you knew him you would know that it’s not arrogance but simplicity. Seyi is very much a "life is either black or white" there's no grey area. So in his mind he's tall, dark and very easy on the eye, he loves me sacrificially and our sex life is, as my brother would say, on point. So I've got the complete package therefore there's no need to go looking elsewhere.

For me I’m not sure why I’m not jealous. Perhaps I need to have a deep conversation with myself about it. Have I become complicit or am I taking my husband for granted or have I become too lazy or distracted to care or pay attention? Hmmmm

Take the test for yourself and see if your jealousy is in check.

1.      I call my significant other unexpectedly just to see if he or she is there.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never  
2.      I say something nasty about another person if my significant other shows an interest in that person.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never
3.      I question my significant other about his or her whereabouts.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never 
4.      I pay my significant other a surprise visit just to see whom he or she is with.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never
5.      I question my significant other about his or her telephone calls.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never 
6.      I suspect that my significant other may be physically intimate with another person behind my back.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never 
7.      I think that my significant other is secretly developing an intimate relationship with someone else.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never 
8.      I look through my significant other's drawers, handbag, or pockets.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never

9.      Sometimes, I allow jealousy to become significant in my relationships.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never 
10.  I get very angry when someone flirts with my girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse.
(a) All the time
(b) Occasionally
(c) Never
Scoring: Count all your A answers as 2 and B answers as 1. Add all the items for a total score in a range from 0 to 20, and compare it to the following interpretation:

12 - 20: Likely your jealousy is interfering with your quality of life.
8 - 11: Your jealousy has a significant force in your life that you need to learn to manage.
4 - 7: Your jealousy is likely well managed, and you can thrive in your quality of life.
0 - 3: You have little jealously that would cause problems in relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment