Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Marriage: Its TeamWork Not Competitive Sport

Competitive Mindset
·       She/He needs to say I’m sorry before I’ll speak to her/him again.
·       I’m going to teach him a lesson, he’s definitely not “getting any” for a week.


     I am right, I’m always right and he/she has to come round to my way of thinking even if I have to make ram it down her/his throat.
·       It’s my way or the highway

·       I am a better parent than she/he is.
·       I should have listened to my mother, she told me not to marry her/him.
·       This is outside our budget and a bit over the top but I’m going to buy it anyway and I don’t need to check in with her/him first after all it’s my money.
  
·       I really don't like his/her family, I can’t stand them and I will not make any effort to get on with them.
Team Mindset
·       We need to talk and resolve the issue so we don’t go to bed angry.
·       I am not going to make him/her pay a price for not agreeing with me. Withholding sex is manipulative.
·       We don’t see this the same way so we will just agree to disagree.
   


I am willing to compromise and meet him/her halfway
   
  We need to talk about our vision for our children so that we are on the same page when parenting them. Being critical of each other is bad for our home.

    My marriage is blessed and I am with the person I am supposed to be with. He/she’s not perfect but neither am I.
·       I will just run this by him/her before I spend this amount of money to make sure its ok with them because regardless of who earns what its OUR money and I value his/her opinion.
·       His/ her family is part of who he/she is and I might not get on with them but I will at least make an effort for his/her sake.

 Copyright June's Secrets 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment