Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Saturday 2 May 2015

Waist training: A Shortcut To The Perfect Waist Or Health Harzard??????



I remember after I had my first baby and the day after I was told that I had to tie my tummy with a cloth all day everyday to help flatten my tummy. My husband would help me tie the cloth around my waist as tight as he could. It was quite hilarious.  I didn't end up with a flat tummy just a back ache and tummy was a little wrinkly. This made me wonder if waist trainers really did work. I bought one and wore if for some time but the result was still the same as with the cloth.
In Africa It seems like there is a new one on the market every other month promising women hour glass figures like the likes of Beyoncé and Kim Kardashian, who works out in her waist trainer I might add.

For those of us that don't know what waist training is, let me enlighten you so we are all on the same page. Waist training is wearing a corset-like apparel for hours at a time to compress your core which is expected to decrease your waist size over time.
Now that we are all on the same page let me tell you that there is NO scientific evidence to support this. Once you take the apparel off your body will revert back to its original shape.  Wearing such tight garments can damage your rib cage and squeezes your organs together which cannot be a good thing.
The best way to cinch your waist is to eat right and exercise period, no shortcuts.

© June's Secrets 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment