Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Saturday 30 May 2015

The Old New Way To Cleanse Your Face.





A few months ago I saw an advert on TV for a product called miceller cleansing water. I thought “here we go again another water with a fancy name to make us part with our cash, well I’m not going to fall for it.” Then a company rep from Nivea came into my store and tried to sell me miceller water. At first I stood my ground and refused but then he offered me stuff. You know how they say everyone has a price? Well mine apparently mine at the time was a free bottle of miceller water, 2 bottles of fancy body wash, lots of free fancy pens that light up when used, 4 writing pads and 2 mini clipboards.(Hanging my head in shame) A girl can only hold out for so long and did I mention the pens light up?

Anyway it turns out the product is actually brilliant, flew right off the shelf and is currently trending in Canada and the UK. So I went and did some research. It turns out that miceller water originated from France and has been around for decades. It is a skincare product that moisturises whilst removing makeup from face and eyes without the need for rinsing. To understand how this can be you need to understand what micelles are, the chemistry is pretty cool. (On goes my chemist hat)

Micelles are tiny molecules of oil suspended in droplets of water they enable you to mix oil and water to form a single even solution. Miceller water contains lots of these micelles and when you put some on a cosmetic pad and apply pressure as you rub your face you disrupt the micelle causing it to split open and when you stop applying pressure the micelle closes up again and in the process envelopes whatever isn’t water from the surface of your face. So kind of like a makeup vacuum cleaner.

I have been using it now for 4 weeks and it certainly does what is says on the tin. I don’t think it will be the only product I use to keep my face clean but it will replace my facial wipes and eye makeup remover. I still moisturise with my shea butter after using it but it comes in very handy when I’m feeling lazy (which is most of the time) or just dog tired.

I think it’s definitely one to consider including in your must have facial products. There are many out there including Nivea, La Roche, Vichy, Garnier, Lancôme, Simple etc everyone’s joined the band wagon. Don’t think you should spend more than $10 though as long as it a good company it should be fine.

Copyright June’s Secrets 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment