Health & Beauty

Sex & Love

Style

Recipes

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Thursday 25 June 2015

Warning Signs Of Future Mother-In-Law Problems.


When I was younger I used to say I would like to marry a man whose mother had either passed away when he was young or lived on another continent. Well I got my wish, my mother inlaw does live on another continent, but I have since discovered, the hard way, that promiximity or lack thereof does not determine whether or not you will experience mother inlaw issues.

I was adviced, when I was old enough to get married, that the way to know how a man will treat you and whether he will be good to you is to look at how he treats his mother. If he's close to her and kind to her then he will treat you right. Boy was that the wrong advice, because it was half baked. They didn't say that if he is close to his mother then he will not be close to you and if he is kind and meets all her needs, like HER husband should, then he will not meet yours. I took what should have been   red flashing warning lights to mean green and that I would be safe. I thought as soon as we got married, all that care and affection would be transferred to me and his kids and we would come first. Was I "epically" wrong. It's was 10 tearfilled and hard years, it's all good now but if you would like to be prepared and not have the same experiences I did then here are a few warning signs to look out for;

1.Mother-in-law is insensitive and doesn't respect boundaries.

2.Mother-in-law is overly dependent on your man for emotional and lifestyle support. She calls him every time her husband looks at her wrong.

3.Partner clearly puts mother-in-law needs and requests ahead of yours.

4.Partner talks to mother daily and will literally drop everything when she calls.

5.Partner values mother's advice and opinions over yours. Always talking about my mother said this and my mother does it this way. ( a good response to this would be"well she wasn't the one rocking your world last night")

6.Partner runs to mother when arguments occur.

7.Mother-in-law attacks your character and he doesn't stick up for you.

8.Mother-in-law treats her son like he's still a child and competes with you. Tries to prove she knows him better than you.

9.During family gatherings, you're overlooked or ignored by mother-in-law

10.Mother-in-law actively campaigns against your marriage. Well I think this one is a no brainer, if she's saying she doesn't him marrying you then chances are she will be a nightmare if he does marry you but this is only if he allows her to be.
Copyright June's Secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment